- Permanent Link:
- Global Perspectives II: Study Abroad and Virtual International Internships
- SUNY Oswego
Dembele, Awa ( Speaker )
Gaye, Fadi ( Speaker )
Watson, Lyric ( Speaker )
Ortiz, Jasmine ( Speaker )
- Publication Date:
- Copyright Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Quest 2021
- From Oz to Abroad: Overcoming the Fâ€™s of Study Abroad by Awa Dembele, Fadi Gaye.
There are certain obstacles that often stop students from considering study abroad. These barriers are often referred to as the Four Fâ€™s, a term coined by Dr. Margery Ganz from Spelman College. These 4 Fâ€™s are: Friends, Family, Fears, and Funds. For this presentation, we have added two more Fâ€™s to the mix: Fit and Faculty. In this presentation two study abroad alumni, Awa Dembele and Fadi Gaye, will expand upon their own experiences with each of these Fâ€™s to share how they were challenged by these obstacles, as well as how they overcame them. The presenters will also share how their experiences abroad impacted their lives overall, including the impact on their academics and career paths. ( ,,,, )
- Virtual International Internships: Past, Present, and Future by Lyric Watson, Jasmine Ortiz.
The global pandemic and suspension of international travel has meant traditional study abroad, and internships abroad, have had to transform quickly into a more flexible and virtual format. Join Education Abroad as we take a look at the past, present, and future of virtual internships abroad. Our student panel will discuss topics related to their personal internship experiences. Bring your questions for this interactive panel session and learn how Education Abroad continues to engage students in meaningful global experiences.
- Session Chair: Josh McKeown
- Collected for SUNY Oswego Institutional Repository by the online self-submittal tool. Submitted by Zach Vickery.
- Source Institution:
- SUNY Oswego Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- SUNY Oswego
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.